Sunday, February 01, 2004

I'm getting a little sick of all the waffling

So, what it boils down to perhaps is that I can go back to ignoring the world....

What about al-Douri? That's the question I didn't want to ask again already this morning.

From the Daily Star:

Al-Sabah (Baghdad)
The daily published a denial by interim Governing Council member Ibrahim al-Jaafari of claims that he said US forces in Iraq have arrested former Vice-President Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri. Jaafari was quoted in a Saudi newspaper as having said Douri, a top official of Saddam Hussein’s regime, was captured, but that US forces did not want to reveal his arrest while still questioning Saddam. The daily quoted Jaafari as saying the comments, which were carried by other Arab media outlets, were “groundless and media fabrications.”


Of course they have him. Whatever. Just tell me what you want me to believe. I'll believe it. Change your story. I'll believe that, too. I don't care. There is no Dana, only Zul.

Last post on al-Douri, complete with explanation, is here.

Everybody's starting to sound like George Bonehead Bush. Either they make no sense at all, or they keep changing their story.

I know a nice beach down near Galveston where the fish and dolphins come to play with you. And another nice one over on the Outer Banks with rolling surf (but maybe a little too much wind). Still, I think maybe I'm looking for something in the Caribbean. I'll be getting out the maps. If you're going to ignore the world, there's no better place to ignore it from than an ocean beach in a warm climate.

....but hey, you do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!