Friday, February 27, 2004

The World's Richest People

I like the Harry Potter author's credentials: from welfare mom to billionaire.

Check out Forbes' list of billionaires. Look at the top ten. You think maybe the Waltons have it sewed up? We have one of them here in Columbia. Not one on the list - one of the daughters. Or something. I actually went to her birthday party one year. Uninvited, but she never knew. How could she? There were lots of people there. A guard at the gate didn't recognize names and faces, so....

Hey. I was perfectly innocent. I didn't know until we went through the gate that the person I was with was presenting somebody else's invitation.

The shrimp were good. I don't remember anything else. Lots of booze. A band - but I don't remember who they were. Plenty boring.

I guess I'm just not cut from nouvelle riche cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!