Sunday, February 29, 2004

Recommended literature

You know I always tout Greg Palast's The Best Democracy Money Can Buy. There are other good books out there discussing America's current administration and world position. Some of them are here at Powell's Books. The prices are excellent, and if you purchase any of the books listed on these (three) pages from this site, you will be helping to keep a talented artist and important source for news and information on the internet: Project for the Old American Century

No, I don't get a kickback. Well, I do get the benefit of POAC, which I check daily, and from which I find many articles of news and info to bring to you here at YWA. Of course, there is much, much more at POAC, so go there and check it out for yourself.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

I've ordered these:



Killing Hope: U.S. Military and
CIA Interventions Since World War II

by William Blum


Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret
National Security Agency From the Cold War
Through the Dawn of a New Century

by James Bamford


I think they're probably just going to piss me off or make me sick. Or both. But I think I need to know. And I probably should have some documentation or reference when I say that the CIA and other agencies are mucking with what should be every country's sovereign affairs (which I say with a certain regularity).

....but, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!