Sunday, February 29, 2004

Venezuela's referendum woes

Maybe I've just had one too many beers tonight, but this is kind of amusing to me:

Those who are ineligible to exercise voting rights at a General Election and those who are deceased will be precluded from taking part in any "repair" amendment.
  VHeadline.com article

I don't suppose the dead will object.

Okay. I'm sorry. This is a very complex issue. Getting the signatures validated. I don't know how they are logistically going to manage it. Even though there seems to be a plan, it looks like a veritable nightmare to me, and with the opposition continuing to stage violent demonstrations and refusing to cooperate with the process, my heart goes out to all who are trying to do this the legal and fair way.

Vive la Democracia.

Previous Venezuela posts
More on Venezuela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!