Saturday, February 07, 2004

GOP Team Leader

I think I may have posted about this a long time ago. I came across another thread of it today, and in case you missed out on the letters to the editors Republican spam, here's some background. I assume it's still happening, unless newspapers have gotten careful. I expect more people are familiar with the spam letter that was supposedly written by soldiers in Iraq and sent to newspapers all over the states. Less publicity may have been given to the fact that this Bushspamming is simply a political tactic of the GOP. Perhaps because their members either can't think for themselves or are virtually illiterate, or just like free stuff.

The story is that, if you are willing to put your name on a canned political letter (whether you understand it or not) and send it to your daily newspaper letters to the editor department, you can earn points to get prizes.

Collect GOPoints by completing Action Items and redeem them for collateral of your choice, ranging from leather PDA covers to folding chairs.



GOP Team Leader site

I can't access the "I am a Republican because...." page, because I haven't joined the Bush Youth League, but I suspect the most popular answer is....because I don't have to be literate.

I can "listen to President Bush call for participation in the political process." Apparently that participation no longer requires you to be able to think or write. Just sign your name. The front page still asks members to write letters, but because I'm not a member, I can't access the link to see if they're still providing the letters for you. If I had to bet....



....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!