Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why Now?

As the British National Archives continues to release UFO-related documents, the former Ministry of Defense (MoD) UFO Project chief is openly admitting to being part of what he claims was a U.K. policy of ridiculing UFO reports and the people who reported them.

[...]

"We couldn't say 'There's something in our air space; pilots see them; they're tracked on radar; sometimes we scramble jets to chase these things, but we can't catch them.' This would be an admission that we'd lost control of our own air space, and such a position would be untenable."

[...]

One file reveals how officials were afraid to be embarrassed if the public learned that UFO research was hindered by a lack of funds and higher priorities.

[...]

"I'm a little bit apologetic about this because obviously, when I was in MoD, I had to play this game myself. To really achieve our policy of downplaying the UFO phenomenon, we would use a combination of 'spin and dirty tricks.'

"We used terms like UFO buffs and UFO spotters -- terms that mean these people are nut jobs. [...] We were trying to do two things: either to kill any media story on the subject, or if a media story ran, insure that it ran in such a way that it would make the subject seem ridiculous and that it would make people who were interested in this seem ridiculous."

Huffington Post

Yes, we are familiar with that tactic.

Why the admission now? I’m going to guess it’s not out of a sense of shame for anything they’ve done, nor a latent influx of integrity and honesty. The US will be forced to make similar admissions soon.

My guess is that the case for fighting an otherworld army is being leveraged for possible future use. Let the “quantitative easing” begin in earnest. It’s going to take a lot of money to wage that one. Halliburton’s profit potential is infinite.

"If it was my words, then I apologize, I'm very sorry for that. I believe in open government and freedom of information. I believe that the UFO phenomenon does raise important defense, national security and air safety issues, and if I helped kill any initiative on that, I'm deeply sorry."

Yeah, right. If.

Does he want us to believe he was forced to lie, or is he trying to say he's a born again believer in open government?

They’ve come to him asking him to change his public story, because now they need something else, is more likely true.

If you like, for the next month, you can download the UK UFO files free of charge at: UK National Arcives. I’ll pass. I feel infinitely less threatened by planetary aliens and terrorists than I do by my own government. They have a phrase contrived to make people who think like me look ridiculous, too. Conspiracy theorists.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!