Friday, August 26, 2011

Sometimes I Just Don't Get Ron Paul

After a lunch speech today, Ron Paul slammed the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, and said that no national response to Hurricane Irene is necessary.

"We should be like 1900; we should be like 1940, 1950, 1960," Paul said. "I live on the Gulf Coast; we deal with hurricanes all the time. Galveston is in my district.

  MSNBC

Yes, and without the big bucks poured in from FEMA following Ike, Galveston would still be wreckage; several of my coworkers would still be homeless. So, WTF, Ron?

My guess is we're going to be seeing some more "quantitative easing" so we can pay for wreckage up and down the eastern seaboard.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!