Monday, August 29, 2011

American Freed from Libyan Jail

Wan and thin after six months in solitary confinement, Matthew VanDyck shudders as he recalls the effects of falling through the cracks in a warped and lawless Libya.

[...]

"I would rather they had just taken me out and beat me, even every day, than go through the solitary confinement, because what it does psychologically is astonishing. I had no idea that the brain could work in the ways that it did in my case."

  UK Guardian

Careful now. If you call it torture, you’re going to have to rethink what’s happening to Bradley Manning.

Maybe Mr. VanDyk can put his terrible experience to good use.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!