Friday, April 30, 2004

Teen Endangerment Bill

It's not what you might guess, I'll bet. Although I don't think I'd have been able to guess anything.

Thanks to La Belle for this item from a Planned Parenthood letter:

On Thursday, April 29, the Missouri House passed HB 1339, the Teen Endangerment bill, by a vote of 120-37.

HB 1339 would penalize any trusted adult - grandmother, aunt, minister – who attempts to help a young woman obtain abortion services outside of Missouri. It jeapordizes young women’s health but does nothing to reduce the number of teen pregnancies or abortions.

Next, this bill will be heard in the Senate Judiciary committee on Monday night, May 3.


La Belle asks, "So who's surprised?"

Well, not me, I guess.

The nightmare of 21st Century America only gets darker it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!