Saturday, April 24, 2004

I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Catching up will be slow, I'm sure. So, news reports may not be up to speed for a bit - who knows? Honestly, I didn't miss not knowing what stupid crap was happening. Bob kept us updated daily with his visits to the internet cafe (they're everywhere) in Caracas, and after that, I just didn't bother. Apparently we haven't fallen off the face of the Earth yet - or at least by appearances we haven't (you never know what tricks Hell has) - much to the Earth's regret, I'd think.

I'll create an online journal of my trip (like the previous two), and provide a link for anyone interested. I'll make a separate one for the Venezuelan portion and link it to my Venezuela page. The trip was very interesting, and our group were stars - one (Stasy) was even invited the final night to dine at Miraflores (the presidential palace). I haven't heard yet how that went, but will find out. Another (Sophie) was ushered to the front row for a speech El Presidente gave to an international women's conference. She says he is an incredible speaker (she speaks fluent Spanish). I'll try to find a copy of that speech, or in the alternative, ask Sophie for a synopsis. Three were on Venezuelan state TV (and were recognized by people in the street afterward - they said it was watched by 2 million people! Actually, the rest of us were beamed across the TV waves as well, in what was a hysterical view - I only wish I had a still of it to post for you.)

More on all that later.

At this time, I want to thank La Belle Soeur (and her newsfeeds!) for the incredible job of keeping You Will Anyway alive while I was gone. It was an awful lot to ask, and to La Belle, and Bill, and JungleGeorge - all I can say, with sincere gratitude, is what my dear brother used to say: "I'll just have to thank you until I can pay you better." Many, many thanks. (Bill, perhaps you should start your own blog? Just click the Blogger icon above the archives list in the sidebar. La Belle says she has no desire, and I'll warn you that it can become consuming, but there's no such thing as too many political blogs spreading the word and attempting to rebalance the political scene in this country. Let me know if you do; I'll add a link to you here on YWA.)

With that...I've got lots to do, not the least of which is reading You Will Anyway archives for the past three weeks!

Thanks for not blowing up the planet while I was gone. I guess.

It's been so nice not knowing what dumb stuff our pResident and his idiot crew have been saying and doing, that I'm somewhat loathe to check the news, but I will (some time today).

....and you do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!