Sunday, September 05, 2004

New York, New York

I really don't want to care about what's going on right now. I just got back from a week off, and I liked it. Or at least, I liked it better. And when I win the lottery, I'm going to find a secluded place somewhere on an ocean beach somewhere and just hang out until the end comes. I guess I'll have to start buying tickets.

But I did catch this from Bob linking to Dave Barry, and found it amusing:

You may be wondering why the Republicans decided to hold their convention in New York.

According to an explanation issued by the GOP site-selection committee: "We considered such factors as hotel space, meeting facilities, transportation and the financial incentives offered by the city. Then we smoked crack."

That's the only way it makes sense. Because if you're looking for cities that would be appropriate hosts for a large national gathering of Republicans, New York is going to be pretty far down your list, somewhere below Havana.


Yeah, the wingnuts slam New York every time they write about it. Often call it Blue York City. But of course, you know the Bushits would never use 9/11 for political gain.

Apologies for not getting the new Blogger format cleared up with LaBelle, or she would have posted while I was gone.

Oh well.

You know what happened. Same old shit. More of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!