Saturday, September 18, 2004

House hunting

As I said, I'm looking for a new home for YWA. Blogger is too blogged up or something. Maybe it's just gotten too popular (lots and lots of people use the service) and they need more bandwidth. Or something. What do I know? Little or nothing about everything.

At any rate, I'm testing tblog. I got a free account there, and set up YWA with the same information it has here - a little different look. I think it will work out okay. Posting and publishing seems to be easy enough. Some things are better with Blogger, and some things are better with tblog. But tblog is actually working and publishing like it should (and like Blogger should and used to).

The only hang-up will be if I get a negative response from my e-mail to the folks at tblog. Their conditions for having an account there state:

Blogs that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable may not be hosted on tblog.


Conceivably, YWA could be "objectionable". There's something about complaints and possible removals. Since I'd hate to have to tone down my diatribes, and I'd hate to get all set up at a new home and then get kicked out, I've asked them to check YWA's content and let me know if that's a risk.

Hopefully, I'll hear from them soon.

After reading some of their comments, it looks like they have their fair share of problems as well. Maybe if I decide to use it, I'll try it for a while and see how it goes.

I'm sorry to have to jerk you around. For the time being, don't change your bookmark for YWA. I'm still here at Blogger's blogspot.

But, in the meantime, I've published a post at the new home. Go and take a look and let me know what you think.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!