Friday, September 17, 2004

Repuglican compassion

I guess today's the day for Repuke posts. Following my earlier one about the Young Republicans caught on camera dragging a protestor to the ground and stomping her, Bob has a link to a story I saw yesterday, but couldn't authenticate and so didn't post. Here it is from CNN.

Wearing a T-shirt with the message "President Bush You Killed My Son," Sue Niederer of nearby Hopewell screamed questions at the first lady as the audience tried to drown her out by chanting, "Four more years! Four more years!"

She pressed on, refused to leave and eventually police removed her from the firehouse rally.

The first lady finished her speech, praising the administration's achievements in the war on terror and the economy.

Rabid. Automatons. And what on earth is Pickled Bush? Not a shred of compassion for a woman whose unbearable pain and sorrow is shared by other parents like her because of the administration's "achievements". The rabid beasts will simply drown her out, stamp her out.

I remember my grandmother standing silently in front of her TV when news of the American soldiers killed in Viet Nam would come alive with photos on NBC. I remember her vividly, because she always stood silently with tears welling in her eyes.

I don't think I did then, but I know now what she was feeling.

Humanity is at a very low point. Some point below human. Although I don't know what that could possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!