Friday, September 17, 2004

WTF?

I'm getting sick of Blogger's general crappiness in publishing this past week (you don't notice it from your end, unless you see double posts), so I'm trying to find another (free - I can't help it, no moolah) blog host.

And I ran across this:



BlogShares is a simulated, fantasy stock market for weblogs where players invest fictional money to buy stocks and bonds in an artificial economy where attention is the commodity and weblogs are the companies. Weblogs, or blogs for short, are valued by their incoming links from other known blogs. In effect, links become the business deals in the simulation and players speculate on the fortunes of thousands of blogs by buying and selling shares. A whole host of options exist for advanced play including gifting shares, leveraged buy-outs, stock splits, additional share issues, market and player bonds.

Anyone can play BlogShares for free, and ownership of a blog is not a requirement to participate. You need simply to register to receive a virtual $500 to start investing. Blog owners also receive 1000 shares of stock in their blog. Each individual uses the simulation for different purposes: you can use BlogShares to find new blogs to read, to show your appreciation by buying or gifting shares and, of course, to accrue as much capital as possible.


I found it when I Googled "You Will Anyway". Here's the page that came up. You can pretend buy stocks in You Will Anyway and other blogs, if that's your idea of fun.

I have no idea how YWA got there in the first place.

I'm currently selling at $1.55 if I read this thing right. Valued at $8,400+.
Again, if I read this thing right. Incoming links have a value and outgoing links do. Whatever. I have absolutely noooooooooo experience with stocks, and not a clue how it works. So now you know why I'm looking for a free blog host.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!