Saturday, May 08, 2004

Aljazeera cameraman's experience in U.S. military prison

The US interrogator yanked the 24-year-old Iraqi male’s hair and peeled back his eyelids. "‘Do not ever imagine you will manage to get out of this. Forget about your Jazeera; forget about your future; the only future you will enjoy is in Guantanamo,’" the American shouted, according to Al-Jazeera television cameraman Suhaib Badraddin Baz who spent two-months in US custody.

..."Whenever I made even a slight movement, I had someone beating me for it." At one point, a soldier bashed his head against a wall until he fell unconscious, he said. "I was still hooded, and because of the pain in my forehead I thought I would lose my eyesight. The guy keep doing this for some time till I fainted," he said.
  Hi Pakistan article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!