Friday, May 28, 2004

Panamanian news

I just received an email from a journalist in Panama who read my Venezuelan report. Please have a look at his website: Okke Ornstein: a Dutch journalist in Panamá.

I am shamefully deficit in knowledge about what's going on in that country. (Why does it suddenly seem like there aren't enough hours in the day? I really don't even want to be here most of the time.) But I recently came across this link to a video that I may have posted earlier. 1989 U.S. Invasion of Panama - the Deception If you haven't seen it, do have a look.

I don't know what support we can offer Okke, but he's in trouble for disparaging the head of state: Panamanian authorities meddle with journalist visa.

I will try to make time to check Okke's site daily, and I'll put a permanent link in the sidebar so you can check it for yourself.