Wednesday, May 26, 2004

What?

Could somebody please explain this to me....

A former military police officer said Monday that he was severely beaten while posing as a detainee during a January 2003 training exercise at Guantanamo Bay.

Sean Baker, a former member of the 438th Military Police Company, said he played the role of a prisoner and was beaten so badly by four U.S. soldiers that he suffered a traumatic brain injury and seizures.

“I don't want this to happen to anyone else, what I'm living with daily,” Baker told WLEX-TV in Lexington.

Kentucky National Guard Capt. David Page, a guard spokesman, would not comment about Baker's specific claims.

“There was a training accident, after which he was medically discharged,” Page said.
  KC Star article

You do training exercises where you can beat your own guys half to death?

I'm shutting down for the night. Maybe I'll wake up back on earth tomorrow.

....but hey, you do what you want....you will anyway.