Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Securing the nation

My friend in the north from the past four years or so (how long has it been?), Tom T-riffic, sends a description of a recent trip.

On 12/30 I flew out to Boise to see Ingrid and help her with some remodeling. I shipped two boxes of tools ahead of me so that I could get proper work done. I also brought two pairs of skis along. I decided to leave my touring skis there. That meant I had room inside my ski bag to bring some stuff home. I had hoped to be able to ditch the ski bag when I changed planes in MSP on my way to Dallas. I asked the NW agent in Boise if I could have the bag pulled so I could send it home with my neighbor instead of dragging it along to Dallas. Nope, its a security breach for some reason. A long time ago I decided its best to be a happy idiot when I travel. They had me take off my sneakers in Dallas. I asked why since they pass the walk through for months. She said that they met the profile. I asked what, Stinky? She laughed, whew...I hope and pray that we can be rid of Shrubbies and move back to a more American position.

The pic is of my Dad on his 50th and me 23.




Your sneakers fit the profile, Tom?

And aren't you just a cutie, there, Thomas. These days you look like a tall thin version of your dad - funny how that works, isn't it? Me, I look just the same as I did when I was 23:



Don't you think?

And check out that flag on my living room wall! Puts your goofy little plastic window-waggy faux patriots to shame. Hahahahahahaha.

Okay, fun's over. Let's get back to work. We have a country to save.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!