Sunday, October 26, 2003

What a maroon

Big wheels coming off Bush wagon

By Tony Allen-Mills / The Sunday Times

Washington - Asked recently which of his squabbling aides was in charge of policy towards Iraq, U.S. President George W. Bush replied: "The person who is in charge is me."


So stupid he takes the credit. He wasn't so quick to take the credit for those 16 words. But, here I suppose he just reacted to the phrase "in charge". He recognized that right away as "who's the boss?"

How can he be in charge of anything? He doesn't read. He doesn't know diddly about the places he goes. Except maybe Crawford and Camp David, because he goes there so much.

But it's important to say you're in charge when you're the big guy in the big chair. Oh how I wish I'd saved that picture of him in that very large chair with his feet barely touching the floor, looking for the world just like what I think he really is - a spoiled little kid who expects to be shielded from reality and showered with privilege while he plays...and you have to do what he says because, by golly, he's the boss around here.

Pathetic. And I can almost feel sorry for him, until I realize he's the bad seed.

Great headline, Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!