Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Supportin' the Troops

A call from a parent stationed in a war zone has landed a Texas high school student in hot water, and his mother is asking the school to ease up on the punishment.

The Copperas Cove High School sophomore received an urgent call from his father and was suspended after taking the call during class.

[...]

"He called me during class, because that's the only time that he could," said Brandon Hill, suspended for using a cell phone. "I answered the call as I was walking out of class. The teacher followed me out and said, ‘Oh what are you doing?' I said my dad was calling from Iraq, and I know he needs to talk to me."

[...]

Brandon Hill was sent to the office and suspended for two days for answering his father's call.

[...]

Pat Hill said the school will not address her request to have the suspension removed from her son's record, a battle she is fighting here while her husband is away.

  KXAN

It took her a week just to get a meeting with the principal.

Copperas Cove High School: Phone: (254) 547-2535     Fax: (254) 547-9870
email: Dr. Carol Saxenian- Principal

(Story seen at Cursor)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!