Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Obama on Impeachment

Barack Obama was asked if he’d investigate war crimes of the current administration if he becomes president.

“I would want to find out directly from my Attorney General -- having pursued, having looked at what's out there right now -- are there possibilities of genuine crimes as opposed to really bad policies. And I think it's important-- one of the things we've got to figure out in our political culture generally is distinguishing betyween really dumb policies and policies that rise to the level of criminal activity. You know, I often get questions about impeachment at town hall meetings and I've said that is not something I think would be fruitful to pursue because I think that impeachment is something that should be reserved for exceptional circumstances. “

  Philly.com

Geez. An administration that has set itself outside the law to spy on its own citizens, to invade another country and to violate the Geneva Conventions (just to name three illegal acts) does not constitute exceptional circumstances? That makes me just a little nervous about what he thinks he’ll be entitled to do.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!