Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sin City

I didn't mean to just drop out unannounced. I had to attend a conference in Vegas that was held at Harrah's. The hotel website said the rooms had internet access. When I got there, laptop in tow (extra hassle through the airport), they said, "There's internet in your room, but you won't be able to use it. Ask at the business center." It turns out you can get access for $12 per day (plus tax, I'm sure). TV wasn't even free - not even local channels or the news. You are there to gamble, duckies, not to hang out in your room. I didn't think I had anything worth $12 a day to post. I don't recommend Harrah's. It seemed exceptionally smokey. And in my room there was hair and spattered urine on the toilet under the ring. Gross.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.



2 comments:

  1. Well, as long as you have an excuse.

    But, seriously, Las Vegas? Ecch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was pretty much my reaction before i went, and pretty much my reaction after i've come back. but i did take lots of pictures. i played $5 (because of a "vision") and i lost $5. so much for tunavision.

    my lungs are still trying to recover.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!