Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Tangled Web

I want to pull out the comments from two posts back on the foiled alleged Fort Dix murder plot, in order to introduce another topic.

Here's Bob's comment to the Fort Dix post and my response (with capital letters restored):

bob said...

I haven't been paying much attention, but when I saw the story, I thought pretty much the same thing Josh said. And, if there's any truth to it--are "they" fighting us here so "they" don't have to fight us there? Do they prefer leading our troops home to waiting forever to follow them?

Plus, scour the news closely--the arrests, which apparently could have been made any time in the past 16 months, must have been announced now to cover up something.


m said...

When I was doing research in the IPM business, we made use of insect pheromones to interrupt mating cycles. One of the methods was to saturate the air with the particular insect's mating pheromone. In order to mate, males find their way to females by following a scent trail. If all the air is saturated, the trails are obscured. My guess is that this could be the Republican plan. Saturate the airWAVES with news of and leads to scandals until we can no longer find any one track leading anywhere.

Immediately after posting that reply, I read Cannonfire's blogging today in which Joe comments about a story he's been following for some time. I know it's a huge though relatively unreported story, but I just have the hardest time wrapping my head around all the particulars, precisely because it has so many damned leads and links to so many things. And I feel quite certain that most of the Republican scandals do indeed connect in one big net. Pull on a string here, you tap a point there. (With drug trafficking, arms dealing, and prostitution rings tightly interwoven and integral parts.)

So, while my reply to Bob's comment was something of a joke, I think there's a good measure of truth contained in it. And, even if it weren't an intentional ploy, it works.


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!