Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gonzo's Monica

Monica drove another nail in Gonzo's coffin in her testimony yesterday.

Goodling was asked if the Attorney General had given incomplete testimony with regard to his knowledge of the list of US Attorneys who were set to be fired and her attorney attempted to intervene.

Asked if it was accurate that Gonzales "never saw the US Attorneys list," Goodling responded, "I believe he saw a list," and then affirmed that "it would be inaccurate testimony."

She also said Gonzales's testimony that he had not been briefed on the firings was not accurate, and that Gonzales was present at a Nov. 27 meeting.

  Raw Story

And as for political "favoritism"...

"Sometimes if I interviewed people, even if I wasn't trying to ask a political question, they'd just self-disclose because they knew I was a Republican, and they figured it would help them get the job, I assume. Sometimes people just self-disclose that kind of information to me, and the same thing occurred when I did reference calls. There were times I crossed the line probably in my reference calls by asking, but there were other times I didn't and people just would volunteer the information."

Figuring it would help them get the job, I assume.

"I'm not going to sit here and tell the committee that I could completely exclude it from my brain, sometimes I just knew where they were coming from and I can't say that it didn't play a factor in what I thought about someone. I'm just being honest. Sometimes it helps them."

"Sometimes." Kind of the opposite of this:

Two years ago, Robin C. Ashton, a seasoned criminal prosecutor at the Department of Justice, learned from her boss that a promised promotion was no longer hers.

[...]

“You have a Monica problem,” Ms. Ashton was told, according to several Justice Department officials.[...]“She believes you’re a Democrat and doesn’t feel you can be trusted.”

  NYT


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!