Friday, May 11, 2007

The Fort Dix Fools

Following up on my Fort Dix attack plan post, wherein I commented that I had some concerns about who got the group going since their plot was foiled in a sting operation, I see that my concerns were probably on the money.

There also seems to be more than a hint of entrapment in the role the government informant played in helping arrange the planned attack. Back in November one of the plotters called a Philly police officer and told him that he'd been approached by someone [i.e., the government informant] "who was pressuring him to obtain a map of Fort Dix, and that he feared the incident was terrorist-related."

  TPM post

And it seems these guys really needed some help.

[T]hey made a jihad training film featuring themselves. But they couldn't figure out how to burn it to a DVD. So they went to a Circuit City and asked the clerk on duty if he could do it for them.

I guess the FBI-connected arms dealer they dealt with didn't have that particular expertise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!