Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stop Hoping, Draft an Alternative

I'm plugging for Russ Feingold, who's the most credible candidate on [the Stop Hoping] ballot. Bernie Sanders is currently in first place and Dennis Kucinich is a 2nd. Russ is in third. Personally, as much as I like them, I don't feel that Bernie and Dennis make as marketable candidates as Feingold would.

The perfect candidate, in my way of thinking, would be Howard Dean. So I added him in as a write-in candidate. Of course Governor Dean, along with many of the others, figure to be reluctant candidates: they would have to be drafted by a groundswell of popular support, as yet un-materialized.

  The Vigil

I would definitely go with Russ Feingold, but I bet he wouldn’t run. And he did get voted out of office recently, so maybe he's not as marketable as we might like to think. (On the other hand, the reason he got voted out is probably the reason no progressive will ever be president in our lifetime. And why in the end this ploy is an exercise in curiosity.) I like Bernie Sanders, too. Dennis I think would be too subject to winds and pressure as president. I like what he says, but I think sometimes he says it because he knows he doesn't have to back it up. Just my gut feeling about Dennis.

But frankly, I don’t think there’s any politician that I’d really trust or put any weight behind (not that I have any weight that counts in politics). I want a man of compassion with complete honesty and integrity – a man whose life has been devoted to understanding and making the world a better place. I’d draft Bill Moyers. (And, whaddya know - he's already on the list.)

But let’s go ahead and play the game, want to?


....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

I keep seeing that as saying "stop hopping," which works, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!