Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh My Goodness

After Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor proposed to raise the debt ceiling in more than one catch-all vote, Obama got "heated" and insisted on one comprehensive deal, said the aide, who requested anonymity.

Obama said he would not be "afraid to veto" a short-term approach or "defend it to the American people" and warned that a debt default would amount to "a tax increase on every American," said the aide.

“Cantor rudely interrupted the president three times to advocate for short-term debt ceiling increases while the president was wrapping the meeting," a Democratic aide told Politico. "This is just more juvenile behavior from him and Boehner needs to rein him in, and let the grown-ups get to work."

Obama said "I have reached the point where I say enough," and added "I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this," according to the Republican aide.

[...]

"He got very agitated seemingly and said he had sat here long enough and that no other president, Ronald Reagan wouldn't sit here like this," Cantor told reporters after the talks collapsed. "And he said to me, 'Eric, don't call my bluff.' He said, 'I'm going to the American people with this.'"

  Raw Story

No, Ronald wouldn't. And why are you?

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!