Monday, July 25, 2011

Murdoch Muck

Muckier and muckier.

Now it's the turn of lawyers and the legal process to be sucked into the phone-hacking vortex.

[...]

Several prominent solicitors fear their mobile phones have been hacked. Some have been formally informed of the risk by police after detectives discovered their numbers among a private investigator's notes.

[...]

[M]edia lawyer Mark Stephens expressed [...] anxieties. "I asked [Scotland Yard] if I'd been hacked - they came back to me in 90 minutes and said yes," he told Channel 4 News. "It confirmed my worst suspicions, that I was in Mulcaire's notebook. There is nothing I can do about it, but the important thing is to ascertain which client [was the target] so I can advise them.”

  UK Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!