Tuesday, September 28, 2010

DemocRants

“Never mind the 'RepubliKlans' - the Democrats today are a bunch of cowards, chickenshit.” -- Ry Cooder

  Guardian - UK

And so the Congress is going to break before a vote on the Bush Tax cuts. You talk about pussy’s. Harry Reid in particular is panty waste. [sic] Yes I know he’s the leader in the Senate and his seat is important. This guy is having a hard time against Sharon Angle.

Mickey Mouse could beat Angle yet Reid is struggling. Ask yourself why, He sucks that’s why. I have never seen a more spineless group of Democrats.

  Scared Stiff

”Panty waste.” Maybe he meant that; it certainly makes the phrase take on a new picture, doesn’t it?

A neutered cat has more balls than the current crop of Dems in the Senate. VOTE FOR US BECAUSE WE SUCK LESS is not gonna cut it anymore.

I didn't vote for "suck less." I voted for "Change." And can't even get spare change.

  Undeniable Liberal at WTF

I’ve never seen a politician run an election with the message “Don’t be stupid, quit your bitching and vote for me.”[...] There’s a reason that strategy has never been employed: because it’s so insane to think that open berating would inspire a voter to action.

[...]

Here’s President Obama talking to Rolling Stone. Let me set the scene here: the President just completed a long interview with Jann Wenner. He left the room. Then a minute later, concerned that the hippie may be left standing, he comes back in the room to deliver the knockout punch.

”One closing remark that I want to make: It is inexcusable for any Democrat or progressive right now to stand on the sidelines in this midterm election. There may be complaints about us not having gotten certain things done, not fast enough, making certain legislative compromises. But right now, we’ve got a choice between a Republican Party that has moved to the right of George Bush and is looking to lock in the same policies that got us into these disasters in the first place, versus an administration that, with some admitted warts, has been the most successful administration in a generation in moving progressive agendas forward.

[...]

If we want the kind of country that respects civil rights and civil liberties, we’d better fight in this election. “

[C]ivil liberties? You want to go there? Seriously?

[...]

I just continue to marvel at the chutzpah of someone saying that inappropriate fealty to him equals something inexcusable or irresponsible. Really, dude? That’s your strategy? There are ways to lay out the stakes of an election in very stark terms – part of which Obama does here – without this tone of “I can’t stand you, now go vote for me.”

  David Dayen - FireDogLake

The president told Democrats that making change happen is hard and “if people now want to take their ball and go home, that tells me folks weren’t serious in the first place.”
Just for the record, and Rahm I know you’re reading this so please tell your soon-to-be-former boss, I don’t want to take my ball and go home, I want to hand it to someone willing to run through a blitzing defense, find a gap, and score a touchdown.

I’m sick to death of the preening prima donna who doesn’t want to break into a sweat and ruin his close-up. He can’t catch, he can’t pass, and it’s looking like he’s toast if he tries to run.

I’d trade him, but I doubt I can find a team desperate enough to take him. So I’ll cut him asap and find a more talented replacement.

   FDL

If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!