Monday, June 18, 2007

He's Not Dead Yet

He may not be stirring up much dust, but he's still kickin'.

Fidel Castro hasn't been out in public since he gave power to his brother last year, but he's writing.

In Monday's article, Castro acknowledged that he was on his death bed at one point. [...] "Shortly, it will be a year since I became ill and, while I hovered between life and death, I stated in the Proclamation of July 31, 2006: 'I do not harbor the slightest doubt that our people and our Revolution will fight until the last drop of blood." [...] He added: "Mr. Bush, don't you doubt it either. I assure you that you will never have Cuba."

  Yahoo.com

That must have made the little prince pucker.

It reminds me of the instance during the Venezuelan coup on Hugo Chávez when opposition thugs barged into the Cuban embassy and attempted to take over. Very calmly, the Cuban ambassador (or some official there) told them (as I recall the words), "For fifty years we have been besieged by the most powerful force on the planet, and we have not let them in. We will not let you." And they didn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!