Sunday, July 18, 2004

Jesus, what a doofus

DoubleDumb campaigned in Amish country. Outside reporters not allowed.

Bush said he had never met any Amish before and was curious about why the men were wearing straw hats rather than black wool hats.
Information Clearinghouse article

Duh. Maybe because it's summertime?

"One of the young girls wanted to give Bush a whoopie pie cookie," Stoltzfus says. “Bush declined it. The Secret Service man took it, as presidents aren’t supposed to eat untested food."

You never know when those Amish are going to poison a president. I bet there are a lot of people who'd like to give Bush a whoopie pie.

At the end of the session, Bush reportedly told the group, "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job."

No comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!