Thursday, May 13, 2004

My ignorance exposed

Again.

Twice in less than 20 minutes.

JungleGeorge has written asking about an alleged Tenet quote from the Woodward book - famous now, according to JG - and I've never heard of it.

And Juan Cole stumps me as well. (Okay, so it's not all that hard to do.)

I don't care what Sufouk told them, the Americans are most unwise to engage in major combat in Karbala so close to Husain's tomb. They make themselves look like Yazid. If they, or whoever is reading this, don't know who Yazid is, then they have no business being in Iraq, much less in Karbala.
  post

But then, I'm not in Iraq. So I guess I technically escape the lash.

Now I've got more things to look into, and I haven't even started my report on Venezuela's 2nd Anniversary of the Coup D'Etat, except for a few introductory paragraphs.

Maybe I need to retire from blogging and find a nice job beachcombing in the tropics. If anyone is looking for someone for that position, I'm really, really good at it. A whole lot better than keeping up with politics and wars and rumors of wars, anyway.