Friday, March 19, 2004

A very American approach

If $25 million didn't do it, then surely $50 million will.

The US House of Representatives has voted unanimously to double the reward for Osama bin Laden's capture to $US50 million.
  SMH article

Of course I don't know, and I could be wrong, but I think the reward money offered for Saddam's sons and other Baathist officials may have some value as that whole regime was something of a den of corrupt weasels. On the other hand, bin Laden's followers are religious fanatics, and money isn't what drives them. I can only imagine that anyone in that group thinking they might be tempted by money would have to think again about the eternity of revenge that would be exacted upon their entire family, not to mention their assured seat in hell.

Or maybe the reward offerers think a larger reward will tempt outsiders to try harder to capture him. After all, we're talking about politicians here, and I imagine they spend their whole careers deciding just what figure will tempt them.

I don't know. I'm thinking about it in my own terms I suppose. Let's see.....I won't risk my life (or worse) for $25 million, but $50 million, now that's just too tempting. Okay....I'll do it.

Nope. Doesn't work for me.

....but hey, you do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!