Thursday, March 25, 2004

Presidential Auction 2004

I had no intention to watch the Democratic National Convention "Unity Dinner" fundraiser for John Kerry, but there she was on the stage, the old doll, and there was no way I could not watch her. So, blame it on Ann Richards, the best thing to ever come out of Texas (maybe the only good thing - I'll have to think on that a while).

Ms. Richards jumped right in to her welcoming speech saying America's upper crust has been getting lots of representation without taxation. And she was off.

And, by the way, American taxpaying citizens living in Washington, D.C. still don't have the right to vote.

Bill Clinton was there, and no matter what you might think of him (and for me, that isn't much), the man sure can give a speech. He was on fire tonight. If I come up with a transcript somewhere, I'll post a link. But it won't have the righteous fire he was letting loose.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!