Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Politics Break

And boy, do I need one.

I forgot to check on my December prediction about the Oscar winner for best song. Since I hadn't seen many movies, it was just a reaction to the song itself and having some idea of what might be considered. Last I looked, I found out it had been nominated.

And now I see I was right. It won.

From Oscar.com's list of 2004 winners:

MUSIC (SONG)
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING
"Into the West"
Music and Lyric by Fran Walsh and Howard Shore and Annie Lennox

As you can see, I didn't watch the Oscar awards. I don't see enough of the movies to know anything about them anyway. I see on this list that Sean Penn and Tim Robbins both won awards for their parts in Mystic River. I only saw that movie recently. Just as depressing as real life. I don't think either of those actors, both of whom I like a lot, did any better job in their parts than Kevin Bacon or Lawrence Fishburn (also both of whom I like) did in their parts in that movie. But, the Penn and Robbins parts were more intense - the two more troubled characters. So I guess that's how you make an Oscar decision.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!