Sunday, March 21, 2004

Richard Clarke's testimony

"The president dragged me into a room with a couple of other people, shut the door, and said, 'I want you to find whether Iraq did this.' Now he never said, 'Make it up.' But the entire conversation left me in absolutely no doubt that George Bush wanted me to come back with a report that said Iraq did this. "I said, 'Mr. President. We've done this before. We have been looking at this. We looked at it with an open mind. There's no connection.' "He came back at me and said, "Iraq! Saddam! Find out if there's a connection.' And in a very intimidating way. I mean that we should come back with that answer."

..."We got together all the FBI experts, all the CIA experts. We wrote the report. We sent the report out to CIA and found FBI and said, 'Will you sign this report?' They all cleared the report. And we sent it up to the president and it got bounced by the National Security Advisor or Deputy. It got bounced and sent back saying, 'Wrong answer. ... Do it again.'

"I have no idea, to this day, if the President saw it, because after we did it again, it came to the same conclusion. And frankly, I don't think the people around the president show him memos like that. I don't think he sees memos that he doesn't-- wouldn't like the answer."
  via Billmon

If we're gonna be buddies
Better bone up on the rules
'Cause don't nobody bring me no bad news
You can be my best of friend
As opposed to payin' dues
But don't nobody bring me no bad news


Song: Don't Nobody Bring Me No Bad News
From: The Wiz
Sung by: Mabel King (the Wicked Witch of the West) & The Winkies
Lyrics: Charlie Smalls


Of course the first word out of the WH is that they can find no evidence this conversation between Clarke and Little Caligula ever took place, I wonder how they'll handle it over the long haul. Paul O'Neill's comments about Prince Vindictive being a blind man in a room full of deaf people (or something to that effect), and not engaging in any meaningful policy conversations, sure didn't hold attention for very long. I think that was news for about three days.

But, if anyone should want to pursue it (which leaves out mainstream media), this is a pretty damning piece of information. I assume it will be in Clarke's testimony to the 9/11 Worthless Commission.

....hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!