Saturday, March 13, 2004

2004

It's more than just a presidential election year.

For Missourians....

My name is Jeff Smith, Democratic Congressional candidate in Missouri's 3rd District, which is the seat Dick Gephardt is vacating. I like to say that if John Ashcroft is for it, then I'm against it. Unfortunately, many of my opponents in an 8 way Democratic primary field don't feel that way. If you don't want to let Democrats help Republicans take away a women's right to choose, strip away sensible gun laws, and trample our civil liberties, please help my campaign.




Check out Jeff here and donate to the cause if you can.

I don't know Jeff. And I'm not a real supporter of anybody running for any political office at that level, since I think they're all pretty much career politicians, which pretty much ensures corruption. But, I sure don't want another four years of the Righteous Right, and a conservative Democrat isn't any help.

Here's Jeff:

Whoever emerges from this primary process will be a reliable Democrat on economic policy. But because of the breakdown of the primary candidates, there's a good chance that a social conservative from the rural part of the district could emerge as the nominee. Two other viable candidates in the 8 way primary are anti-choice and pro-school prayer. And we need to make sure every Democratic vote in Washington D.C. votes to protect a woman's right to choose, enact sensible gun laws, and protects our civil liberties. Please help me fight back against the Republican wing of the Democratic Party. Republicans don't need any more help from Democrats!


Go Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!