Thursday, June 24, 2004

Venezuela, anyone?

Global Exchange has scheduled a number of tours to Venezuela. That August 10-20 trip ought to be a really exciting one. The recall referendum is scheduled for August 15, and we know that the Opposition is not going to lie down and take a defeat. Things should be rocking and rolling, including heads perhaps, about that time. If I could afford it, I'd go again. I went on the GX tour there in April on the second anniversary of the coup, and I highly recommend the tour. The guides are excellent, and you get to meet with and hear people you would never be able to see on your own.

I've published a record of my experiences on the Venezuelan tour in two places. Recoup is strictly an account of the information I got from the people we met, including politicians, media folks, professors, and citizens. The more personal aspects of the trip, with links to photos I took, are on a journal page.

Check 'em out, and also have a look at the reflections of past participants on the previous two Global Exchange Venezuelan tours. And go! It's well worth it. And if you don't want to go yourself, feel free to cover my expenses, and I'll go back!

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

Previous posts on Venezuela
More information on Venezuela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!