Sunday, November 30, 2003

Fire escape

I've added a helpful icon for people who might be reading my blog at a humorless, controlling place of work. Or maybe for malfeasants within the controlling conservative party who have someone looking over their shoulders. Or whatever. It's a quick-change icon that allows you to instantly go to a "safe" page.

It's called a fire-escape, and the icon looks like this:

You'll find it at the top and near the end of the sidebar.

I know there's a way to make the heading and sidebar stay put while you scroll down the posted material with frames, but I'll have to find those instructions again. It might not work out the way I want, and I'm not sure I want frames anyway. I'll check it out - my intent is to have the fire escape icon showing on your screen no matter where you are in the blog.

In the meantime, here's the explanation page and instructions for setting the fire escape to take you to a page (or application) of your choice. Go there and set up your fire escape.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!