Monday, October 31, 2011

IMO

I've been trying to give Michael Moore the benefit of the doubt about his appearances at Occupy Wall Street even though it went against my better judgment (since I'm well and truly tired of watching him try to position himself at the front of every movement). Maybe he just wanted to help by bringing out more media coverage with no thought for his own ego, right? C'mon, it was at least theoretically possible.

Chris Floyd

Theoretically, anything’s possible. But Moore not driven by his ego isn’t a theory worth floating.

Then on last night's local newscast I saw him say this after speaking at Occupy Oakland: "I made the movie. It was called 'Capitalism: A Love Story' and I called for this rebellion. And I'm just thrilled."

Good grief. Even when he's trying to help, Moore can't help but try to make it all about him.

Yeah, I’m not sure he’s trying to help. I think he’s just trying to make it all about him. Call me skeptical. I’m not saying he hasn’t done some good, but he’s truly obnoxious and overly self-important. Support, Michael, don’t usurp.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!