Friday, October 19, 2007

Perspective

It was a hellish day at work, and best forgotten. But recently, I talked with one of the ladies there who hadn't heard from her son in Iraq for a while and was getting worried (she's since heard - he's coming back from his second tour next month). I told her the truth: I simply don't know how in the world a parent of a soldier in the Middle East (or in any war, really) continues to function each day. I guess I'll be finding out. My own son has just informed me that he is going to be taking his physical exam on Monday and will be leaving for training the day before Thanksgiving if he passes it. Kind of puts into perspective the notice I just got from the IRS informing me they've reconsidered, and I owe them $2,400 more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!