Sunday, June 05, 2005

Boys' games

Maybe "Deep Throat" was fonder of this image - movie style G-Man - than that of an informant. More flattering to a manly ego.

I'm not really following this story. I think it may be the story of a spurned, petty-minded, self-deluded macho ego, rather than that of a courageous mind in the heart of a good man, like Daniel Ellsberg's story. (I could be wrong - like I said, I haven't been investigating it, and the end result was good for the country in spite of the reasons for Felt's role as "Deep Throat".) Interestingly enough, the name "Deep Throat" is, after all, reference to a prostitute.

The story does seem to be good for pushing Iraq onto the back page, at least.

At any rate, I thought this picture was such a hoot, it needed to be shared.

(Photo from WaPo)

Mark Felt in his younger days at the FBI posing for the newspapers.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!