Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Voicemails from an MP

Hello Kevin,

This is Leonard Clark calling from somewhere in Baghdad Iraq. Kevin, I've been busy lately over here in Iraq as a Military Policeman and uh I finally found time to call. And I am hoping you alert folks home know why I am calling. Here is the reason.

I happen to have a chance to get on the internet and also read our news publication called "The Stars and Stripes" and see some various networks at the chow hall on the television.

What the leadership seems to be saying back home right now is basically "We are winning the war here we are not losing the war against these terrorists and that Mr. Kennedy and other congressman and senators such as Mr. Hagel from Nebraska and others are wrong. Well, I hate to tell you this. Mr. Hagel and Mr. Kennedy are right. We are losing this war. This is a quagmire. Let them not fool you. And Don't let them use our names, we soldiers as other evidence to say that we are not. Because almost every soldier I talk to you states that we are in a quagmire. That every soldier that dies now is a needless death. This shouldn't have happened. I am sure there are soldiers that would disagree. But I can tell you from this part of Iraq almost every soldier I have talked to including very conservative soldiers who are diehard Republicans. They have stated the same thing.

This is a quagmire.

  Veterans Against the Iraq War post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!