Wednesday, September 05, 2007

You're Drafted. You Little Jerk. Ha. Ha.

During a question and answer session, McCain jokingly called a high school student a "little jerk" after the young man questioned the Arizona legislator about his age.

"If elected, you'd be older than Ronald Reagan, making you the oldest president," the student said. "Do you ever worry that you might die in office or get Alzheimer’s or some other disease that might affect your judgment?"

"Every campaign I've ever been on in my entire life, I've outcampaigned all of my opponents," responded McCain. "And I'm confident that I will. Thanks for the question, you little jerk."

After laughter from the crowd, McCain then quipped, "you're drafted."

  Raw Story

Not as bad as the "bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb Iran" faux pas, but still.

That's actually a legitimate question. (The "little jerk" knew enough to know how Reagan went down.) I might have followed up with, "Are you sure you don't already have some disease that's affecting your judgment?"

What's outcampaigning his opponents got to do with the price of eggs?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!