Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Plea to Impeach

"Unless Congress immediately impeaches Bush and Cheney, a year from now the US could be a dictatorial police state at war with Iran."

What left-wing liberal commie bastard wrote that?

Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration.

Roberts' arguments to back up his statement are here. And after you read it, I will add another "why would...?" to his list: Why would John McCain make the statement that he's sticking in the race although he's flat broke because come October there would be a big change?

I can't reference that statement because I tend not to have a pencil and paper with me when I'm watching the TV news - it's too rare and fleeting an occasion. I saw it last night, and tried to think what he meant. I figured he must be referring to the anticipated Petraeus report. But who knows?


Project for the Old American Century


Update August 2: New terror alert arises to encompass August, September.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!