Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lady Bird Johnson Has Crossed Over

At age 94.

Here's my Lady Bird story: I have a friend who's a Texas arborist in Johnson County and who cleared dead live oaks off the Lyndon and Lady Bird Johnson property. (That's not a typo. Live oaks are the species; oakwilt has been killing them by the thousands of acres in the past decade.)

Lady Bird told my friend, who practiced a natural treatment for prolonging the life of infected trees, that he could treat all the oaks except for the one on Lyndon's grave. I thought maybe it was out of reverence for the gravesite, but my friend said she was telling him he could let that one die.

I wasn't there. He was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!