Friday, May 06, 2005

Waynesville Baptist Church: Vote for Bush, repent, or get out

News Video
Story

This is North Carolina, again. Jeez.

I remember when I went visiting there, I decided I didn't like it much at the state line information center, which at every other state was a helpful, friendly stop. Here's what I wrote at the time:

At the North Carolina visitors' center just inside the border there are umpteen billion brochures with hand lettered signs that say: "Limit 5 brochures per rack." Another sign says: "NO brochures to children." And a sign on a TV in the corner that says: "DO NOT TOUCH."

And welcome the fuck to North Carolina.

They do have handicapped people working the grounds and cleaning up. But maybe that's just cheap labor.

Actually, North Carolina is a beautiful place. (And I had one of my greatest experiences there.) Too bad it's got so many nimrods living there.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!