Monday, August 23, 2004

The same Oscar Pérez

I had thought it might take longer to actually get the positive confirmation that the man we talked to on our trip to Venezuela this past April was the same man who is now claiming the recall referendum was a fraud. (See my previous post.)

As it turns out, VHeadline.com has provided me the information taken together with my handwritten notes from the talk to confirm Oscar Pérez' identity. In my handwritten notes I had made a notation that Mr. Pérez was a deputy of parliament (the British translator's choice of words), and the editor of VHeadline.com, Roy S. Carson, has informed me that there is only one assemblyman named Oscar Pérez - the same one who told us in April that the opposition was not expecting to win the referendum.

They're just determined to get rid of Chávez, so no lie is too base, no tactic too illegal or immoral. Democracy be damned.

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!