Monday, July 12, 2004

La Belle says I have to apologize for another one

U.S. Sen. Kit Bond [R-MO] said Sunday that he would have voted to invade Iraq even if he'd had the critical report released last week by a Senate committee.

The committee found that CIA assertions about Iraq's chemical and biological weapons programs were unreliable.

“I think this country and the world is much safer now that we've deposed Saddam Hussein,” Bond said at a news briefing in Kansas City.
  Kansas City article

A perfect example of why we don't need the option of postponing the election.

(And, I might add, Senator Bond is actually a member of the Worthless Senate Intelligence Committee. That make you feel comfortable with the findings?)



And then I could apologize for Senator Talent, who is also a Repuglican. And then I could apologize for my district's representative to the House, Kenny Hulshoff, also a Repuglican, who didn't even think it was incumbent upon him to allow a group of peaceful protestors into his offices to express their views, nor even come out on the street to address them. He sent aides down to the parking lot with a book so they could all sign their names.

Like our votes matter, much less our concerns.

Update 1:35 pm: La Belle has a beef with Talent, too.

I got a newsletter from Talent today with this nice greeting:
Welcome to my new email newsletter. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your views with me in the past, and I welcome the opportunity to provide you with timely updates on my actions in the Senate:
Now, I'm pretty sure I have never shared any views with Talent so I attempted to send him an email informing him that I considered his newsletter spam... This is the response I got. Keep in mind I was using the form on their website for sending comments.
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

administrator@TALENT.SENATE.GOV
So then the next step was to send an unsubscribe message according to their newsletter. Since I didn't subscribe it really pisses me off to have to UNscubscribe but tried anyway. So what response would you imagine I would get from that?
UNSUBSCRIBE TALENT-WEBNEWSLETTER
You are not subscribed to the TALENT-WEBNEWSLETTER list under the address your message came from (XXXXX@MCHSI.COM). You are being mailed some additional information with a few hints on getting your subscription cancelled. Please read these instructions before trying anything else.


Assholes

Indeed.

I have never had anything other than a party-line form letter response to anything I've ever sent an elected representative. Thank you for your interest on the such-and-such issue. This is what we believe here at party headquarters. Which I already knew.

I sent my views on Kerry's Venezuelan statement via email a while back, and received a form-email thank you reply for supporting him! Ever since then, I get Kerry crap by email, which I have asked my browser to view as spam.

I am so impressed by how responsive our elected officials are to us. And every time somebody says "write your representatives", I pass. If they can't tell the difference between a pro-message and a con-message, then what the hell's the point?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!