Friday, July 16, 2004

He simply hasn't had time

O'REILLY: But put yourself in President Bush's position. He hears this kind of vitriolic rhetoric from Bond, and he says, "You know, I might want to go in and talk to MFUME. He's a reasonable guy. But I don't want to go in there and be embarrassed, because if I am, if I'm booed, or heckled, or something untoward happens, my opponent's going to use this."

"He's going to grab the tape, he's going to play it on all the newscasts, the blacks hate Bush, NAACP hates Bush. And I wouldn't take the chance if I'm the chief executive of this country, based upon Mr. Bonds irresponsible remarks." Now, if Mr. Bond apologized -- because I trust you, I don't think you would put the president in a bad position -- then I might rethink it.

But at this point, after that diatribe, no way I'd go.

NAACP President MFUME: Yes, and you know, it's legitimate, and it's legitimate even from his part. I mean, that's the sum of the conversation that Mr.Gillespie and I had when we talked, and he pretty much put it the way you did. But you know, I guess my real concern is, forget the conventions, whether they've been over the last four years or this one, it would have just helped just to be able to sit down.

I've written the president every year for four straight years just for a meeting, just to say, "Here's our agenda. What do you think about it? Tell us yours." And every letter I got back from the White House said,"The president would love to, but he doesn't have time" for four years.
Fox News article

This is Bush's 33rd visit to his ranch since becoming president. He has spent all or part of 233 days on his Texas ranch since taking office, according to a tally by CBS News. Adding his 78 visits to Camp David and his five visits to Kennebunkport, Maine, Bush has spent all or part of 500 days in office at one of his three retreats, or more than 40 percent of his presidency.
Washington Post article

....but hey, do what you want....you will anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. There may be some delay before your comment is published. It all depends on how much time M has in the day. But please comment!